Wednesday, April 25, 2012

hi my name is jayma...

I've been on a significant journey since January 29th. It started out as a weight loss journey, but it has turned into so much more than that.  I've realized my unhealthy relationship with food and what it has done to me on so many levels.  I'm an emotional eater. Anyone else? I can be having the worst day ever and the answer has been food or the best day ever and the answer is also food.

For the past several years I've used food to satisfy my spirit. Throughout this journey over the past 12 weeks I have done more than lose weight. I've found my satisfaction and comfort in God. I still struggle. Today was a huge battle for me, and I was victorious in the name of Christ. I'm not sure if the battle will ever go away. But, each day I am getting stronger and stronger in this fight.  I stand firm against over eating or eating the wrong foods each day. I have moments of weakness, but I have overcome so much.

Each morning after I finish my devotions, I read a devotional called Made to Crave.  This has been a great daily encouragement to me in fighting against emotional eating. Also, my prayer life has increased so much over the past few months since I read the Power of a Praying Wife. Read about it here.  I recognize the importance of complete surrender and obedience to God.

This journey I'm on is making me realize so many things about myself.  I realized that I am weak. I can't do any of this on my own. Jesus Christ gives me the strength each day. Also, I still have a lot of issues to work out. I'm growing in my faith during this journey which is way better than the weight I've lost. I'm excited to continue on this journey and see the growth that occurs spiritually and physically.

More to come on this topic...I think ;)

1 comment: