Sunday, March 24, 2013

best concert ever

The David Crowder Band was one of my favorite bands. I was very upset when I heard that they were no longer going to be a band and would set off on their last tour in 2011. Dave and I happened to make it to see the band 2 times on that tour! Not too long later, Crowder Music came about. I started to investigate and found out that David Crowder was going to be recording and touring again! Just with a different sound and band. I was very excited to hear the news and quickly downloads his new songs off of iTunes.

A few months ago I found out that Crowder was going to be in Chicago and started looking into it, and we decided to get tickets and I'm so glad we did!

The concert was just a few days after our anniversary so it worked out well to celebrate that nice, especially since we were both busy all evening on our anniversary (2 years woot!). As soon as Dave got out of class we took off to the city.


Traffic wasn't too terrible and we got there in good time. Then, a total bonus, we found a parking spot for FREE just a few blocks away from the venue! I know this doesn't sound like a big deal to some, but if you are familiar with Chicago, it is a huge deal!

Then I saw it! Crowder's tour bus! I was so excited! I'm a huge fan of famous people, especially ones I really like! It took a lot not to go up and knock on the window. You can see the venue behind the bus, a smaller place which made it even better!


We had a bite to eat in the restaurant before the show. It was great because we could tell how many people were going in once the doors opened. We were able to relax at our table watching some March Madness while we waited for show time.


I wish I was good at guessing numbers, but I think the room could hold around a couple hundred people. Not at all like the last time we saw Crowder with a thousand of our closest friends.

Get ready, here comes the best part. We were watching the opening band, and I decided to go check our coats. Dave stayed to keep our spot. As I'm walking back I see none other than THE David Crowder! I couldn't believe it! It was total slow motion and I said "Hey, David" and he turned and said "Hey." I will never forget it! It made my whole night!


The concert was so great I only took one photo :) He was funny and talked a lot. The band is great. The music is so good. It was a shorter concert, which part of me loves and part of me wanted a few more songs. He ended with my favorite, I Saw the Light, so I couldn't complain about that!

Overall, a great night and a great way to celebrate 2 wonderful years of marriage!

No comments:

Post a Comment