Thursday, February 9, 2012

thankful - job

I have been searching and applying for jobs since before we moved. This task is not one of my favorites. Back during the first week of January I was really dragging my feet on the whole job search. I was discouraged that I had filled out so many applications and turned in so many resumes with nothing coming back.

I was talking to one of the employees at the Y and she suggested I go look at the job board at a college near by. I said "thank you" and went about my day. I mentioned it to Dave so the next day he practically dragged me there to check it out. I was uncomfortable because I didn't attend that school, and wasn't quite sure where we were going. We find the place she was speaking of and it was an unemployment office. We went in (me feeling even more uncomfortable) and find the job board. We don't see anything on there that is in my field so we head toward the door. We were standing there awkwardly looking around one last time when a lady behind the counter asked us if we have a computer at home. Then she gave us a list of websites to check out for jobs. Then she suggested we go over to the computer and sign up for a job site database. She mentioned how she had trouble at home so if we had trouble we could ask the guy nearby. I looked at Dave like "I DON'T WANT TO DO THIS!" and he said "lets do it!" We did have trouble and the gentleman was able to help us.

The next morning I got on the website that I had signed up for. I typed in "teacher" and 5 postings came up. They were all with the same company. And I recognized the company because I had gone to one of their break out sessions at a conference last fall. I wrote a quick email to the recruiter and attached my resume and called it a day. Later that afternoon, the recruiter called me! I was in shock! It was so quick! She did a phone interview for about 15 minutes and told me about a center she had in mind for me (not the one I applied for) and that they would be in touch with me by the end of the week. On Friday, I got a call from the center and did another phone interview (on the sidewalk in downtown Chicago). She said someone would be in touch with me the next week. On Monday I got called for an interview on Wednesday.  I was at the interview for 3 hours! I felt it went well. The lady said someone would be in touch with me. So I waited...and waited...and waited. I started to wonder if they had picked someone else.
 
Four weeks later...they offer me a job! YAY! I will be a Preschool Teacher starting February 27th! I'm so thankful that the Lord lined this job up for me. There were times during the past 4 weeks where I began to become discouraged. I felt with the way the job lined up that this was THE job that the Lord had planned. I couldn't understand why it was taking so long.  I had to remind myself several times that the Lord's plan is perfect and I need to wait on Him. Thank you all for your prayers and support during this time of waiting.

We are praising God for another provision in our life!

No comments:

Post a Comment