Tuesday, July 31, 2012

it's all greek to me

For my new job, I've traveled 2 out of the last 3 weeks. While I have been traveling about the countryside, Dave has been studying Greek. He is taking a 5 1/2 week course that covers 2 semesters worth of Greek. It is a very intense class. I'm so proud of him for sticking with it and persevering through the past 3 1/2 weeks. I can't imagine what it takes to learn this language, but Dave does. And I know that he can see this through.

Greek Study Zone
Can you read this? I sure can't!
Will you please join me in praying for Dave as he finishes out these last two weeks of Greek? He will have a one week break before the fall semester beings. It will be challenging as well so your continued prayer support would be greatly appreciated.

One of the great things about traveling 2 of the last 3 weeks is that it has made it easier for Dave to focus completely on studying and not feel like he is ignoring me. It has also helped me get through this time where he needs to devote nearly all of his time to studying. The Lord always has a plan!

Here are a few pictures from Minneapolis last week.

The Mighty Mississippi
Pillsbury 
Gold Medal Flour
The last evening in Minneapolis we got to take a dinner cruise on the Mississippi.


I even got to wheel the yacht! Must have been my fabulous resume of boat driving skills.


Finished the evening with a beautiful sunset. I had a great time at the conference. Met some really great people. And got to enjoy a beautiful city.


No comments:

Post a Comment