Tuesday, August 28, 2012

redeemed



I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine. 

Isaiah 43:1 NKJV

I have been redeemed. Sometimes I wish I could forget my past and never think about certain situations, but that doesn't happen. It amazes me how often I'm reminded of the past.  I think the reminders can be good because I never want to forget where I came from and how I have been redeemed.


A few weeks ago I got this very thoughtful gift in the mail. I was so surprised because it was not a special occasion, just a friend who was thinking of me. This beautiful necklace, from my beautiful selfless friend, is a great reminder to me that I am redeemed. The Lord rescued me and I don't ever want to forget that.

While I don't want to forget, I also know that I'm not who I used to be. The same week I got this necklace, I heard the Big Daddy Weave song, Redeemed, for the first time. The lyrics are powerful to me.  And, a powerful message for every single person. We all can be redeemed from whatever chains and stains we have.

"I am redeemed, You set me free
So I'll shake off these heavy chains
Wipe away every stain, now I'm not who I used to be
I am redeemed, I'm redeemed"

Take a few minutes and go listen to the song here. Thank God, redeemed.

No comments:

Post a Comment