Wednesday, January 18, 2012

the bowl chair

My senior year of college I lived in a house with 5 other girls. I would say the first semester of that year was the best semester of my college experience. During that year, one of my best friends Ashlee put her beloved bowl chair upstairs where I lived. Her chair that I'm pretty sure came from a garage sale :) I'll have to check the back story to know for sure.  I grew very fond of the chair. It had a beautiful floral print and was the largest bowl chair I've ever been in. I used to watch TV for hours in that thing! I would even sleep in it!  After that year I inherited the chair! The chair has come along with me for the past 7 years. While I lived in Huntington, my youth kid Andrea claimed the chair. She always sat in it every time she came over.

The older I got, the less my back enjoyed that chair so it sat empty most of the time unless company came over. Before we moved, Dave firmly suggested getting rid of the chair :)  The first person I thought of when I knew we had to get rid of it was Andrea. She is about the same age as I was when I inherited the chair!  When I asked her she immediately said "yes!"

So the chair has been passed on, as it was passed to me. I know Andrea is loving it :)

Andrea the night she came to pick up the bowl chair

No comments:

Post a Comment