Monday, January 9, 2012

trip to the windy city

On Friday we hopped on the train and went to the city! The train ride was fun. It took about an hour and 15 minutes. We both enjoyed looking at all the towns we went through on the way there!



We got to Union Station and frantically looked for a restroom...I guess there is one on the train. I understand that should be common knowledge...but I held it instead of searching the train for a bathroom!  It made the last bit of the train ride less enjoyable for me. But now I know!

Once we checked out Union Station we walked...and walked...and walked....and walked a little more! I thought maybe we did 10 or 15 miles that day, but when I looked on the map...it was only 2.5 miles. :) We went to Millennium Park where we saw the giant bean and skating rink.


 

We thought about skating but the line was really long. And it was crowded!
So we walked on! We walked up Michigan Ave and then made it over to Navy Pier. Not too much going on there in the winter. Although, it didn't feel like winter! It was 54 degrees out! What a great day to be in the city!


By the time we made it out to the end of the pier I was pretty much done walking! The temperature started to drop as soon as the sun started going down so we took a few last pictures and took a cab back to Union Station.



It was a great day! Couldn't have asked for better weather or better company!

2 comments: